Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The amazingly fantastical callcenter adventure -- Mental health -Lets talk about it!



Welcome to cosmic soup.

Here's some back story to go with this one:

My husband and I are currently on shared maternity/paternity leave.
My weeks are almost out for my claim and I wanted to borrow some of my husbands to be able to stay home with our daughter for a little while longer.


But every time I call... Their call volume is unexpectedly too high and I get hung up on.
I haven't been able to speak to anyone since I started my claim.



Seeing as my employer needs to know about when I'm going back.... I try to call to touch base to let them know I'm still trying to get through to the EI call center.


I call: ~ **Automated msg: We're sorry~ This number is not in service. Please check the number and try your call again.~**


.... so I try other numbers..

My friends, family... Same thing!




So wanting to know what's up I call my phone company.




me:~ "Yea hi my phone isn't letting me dial out I was just wondering why."

agent: Oh yes, it appears you have been disconnected for non payment ... today.


me: But I just made a 100$ payment not that long ago.. I didn't receive any notice of this.



 I told them I could make a payment tomorrow and said I did not feel safe without having an active phone line.

But I was told that nothing could be done unless I could make the payment tonight...

This really hit a nerve.

My woman powers chimed in: 

Cast:(~ bringing up the PAST
~)

<~*flashback sequence*~>


4 month's ago we had moved to this new house. ~ and they had messed up the move order...




I was a few weeks away from giving birth to my daughter and really needed the phone hooked up in case of emergency. My husband works overnight out of town and I don't drive.



but they told me there was no way they could hook up my phone and were sorry for the inconvenience of having to wait a few weeks for a tech.
( I didn't currently have time for my prepaid cellphone either.)





*</flashback>*


Then I apologized to the agent for being one of those calls...
I worked their jobs ... I know what its like...

it sucks

Then asked "for a supervisor...











I was then placed on hold....and waited ...and waited... and waited...


To be hung up on...in the end....




But this time instead of getting angry~ I choose to get creative.



So it just so happens Bell is doing a fundraiser!!!


You want to talk about mental heath? 




Sure! I'll share my story~ whats yours?









No comments:

Post a Comment